10 Things Fashion Retailers DON’T Want You To Know

10 Things Fashion Retailers DON’T Want You To Know

10 Important things you should know about the retail industry.
—————————————————————————————–
There is something that influences us every day, and you might not even be paying attention. That would be the fashion industry. There is a supply and demand for the latest trends, and it has an effect on not only us but also the rest of the world. From what we see in the magazines to how our clothing is made, these are ten things fashion designers don’t want you to know.

Have you noticed that the same brands always seem to pop up in your favorite fashion magazines? That may have something to do with designer gifting. This is a well-known fact in the industry, but many consumers don’t know that labels are pulling favors from bloggers and magazine editors by giving them freebies. This used to be just designer goods, but now it is so much more.

—————————————————————————————–
Our Social Media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheTalko
Twitter: https://twitter.com/thetalko
Instagram: https://instagram.com/the_talko

—————————————————————————————–
For more videos and articles visit:

1. Faten Higazi on January 14, 2019 at 4:32 pm

So instead paying more money to the people in bangldish, they closed the factory and move it to the US … really …why?

2. Shaniqua Lafaye on January 14, 2019 at 4:34 pm

I find it hilarious how that so much of TheTalko’s info is incorrect!…… And yet I still go back to watch more….But seriously…
    Chemicals in clothing – should we go nude?Pointy shoes – Ugh, don’t get me started. They are butt-ugly.Not hating, just stating.

3. Owlopusrex on January 14, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Not to mention the environmental impacts of fast fashion. Shelbizzle has a great video about that and another about the environmental impact of cosmetics on her channel.

4. Janell Crews on January 14, 2019 at 4:38 pm

Tank tops and shorts are good for me all year long where I live. If we have a cold day I have jeans and a coat. I have a couple dresses. I’m not into fashion

5. Milly And Bailey on January 14, 2019 at 4:39 pm

if tan France doesn’t give a shit about fashion, neither should you!! just have your own style tbh

6. Madame Beajou on January 14, 2019 at 4:39 pm

O.M.G. Ivanka Trump!!!!!!!

7. Peppaig Lovely on January 14, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Tbh I don’t really care too much about fashion as long as I got some clothes that are comftorable I’ll be just fine

8. Elizabeth G on January 14, 2019 at 4:41 pm

I personally don’t like the look of pointy toe shoes.

9. Thoriso Molefe on January 14, 2019 at 4:42 pm

But who follows trends anyway? I mean come on..

10. Ace on January 14, 2019 at 4:43 pm

Can’t spend money if you don’t have money.

11. Maru Ato on January 14, 2019 at 4:44 pm

No, a size 12 in 1958 would be a size 0 today, not 6! Look at your own frickin’ chart!

12. jem Last on January 14, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Just wear what you want.

13. Rose Alexander on January 14, 2019 at 4:45 pm

Eliminate child labor, eliminate food on the table for these families. If they aren’t working and eating, they are dying. Every industrialized nation had child labor. the ideal is to work past child labor then move into the middle class.

14. J. C. on January 14, 2019 at 4:47 pm

There are chemicals in every step of making clothing?!?!??!?!

Umm, yeah. The clothes are made of chemicals. You’re made of chemicals. Air is made of chemicals.

15. 엘Elle on January 14, 2019 at 4:50 pm

The bead one is stupid. It’s not just beads. Forever21, h&m, Victoria’s Secret, Nike, and so many other huge name brands use child labor. And makeup? That shimmery glitter and shine in any makeup is a result of child labor as well, among other things. If you’re going to create these lists, at least do it properly.

16. jetfan glo on January 14, 2019 at 4:50 pm

It was Heidi,not Tyra. …that opening quote was from Project Runway…..

17. Mariacanfly on January 14, 2019 at 4:51 pm

Jesus Fucking Christ. Do you idiots have ANY idea how much the fast fashion bullshit is costing out environment? You know the planet, what we LIVE on? The fashion industry is draining LAKES…. It require insane ammounts of water.

18. Simonne on January 14, 2019 at 4:52 pm

19. Mc Hobbit on January 14, 2019 at 4:53 pm

I’m glad that this is all happening now that I’m in my late 20s. Most of us stopped "keeping up". I still have clothes I wore ten years ago and they hold up. I *never* buy anything that I expect to last "only a couple of seasons" let alone ONE season. Is this an American trend only???

20. insane247 on January 14, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I know very well about the chemicals on clothing. New jeans always give me eczema on my inner thighs because of it.

21. P N on January 14, 2019 at 4:55 pm

The designers are sizing themselves out of business. I’m 5ft 3 and weigh 105. Back in the eighties I could find plenty of clothing that fit but today sometimes even the zeros aren’t small enough. Please go back to the true sizing. You are creating a real problem for those of us who are small.

22. Tequilaniqua on January 14, 2019 at 4:56 pm

I don’t do trends, but blame the 52 fashion seasons on fast fashion lmaoo

23. Joseph Russel Timpug Ison on January 14, 2019 at 4:57 pm

I actually want my cheap clothes to wear out fast so I can have a reason to replace them 🙂

24. a hellenic pagan on January 14, 2019 at 4:58 pm

The chemicals surprised me

25. FairbrookWingates on January 14, 2019 at 5:00 pm

Simple solution for sizing issues. Size women’s clothes (especially pants) like men’s clothes, by inches, not an arbitrary number. Put how many inches round a garment is right on the label. We women can measure ourselves, or have a friend help us, and viola, we can grab the right sized clothes when we find them. Very easy, rational solution.

26. Caitlan Levesque on January 14, 2019 at 5:03 pm

I’m sorry I just don’t like child labor. Yes stop the child labor.

27. allan spencer on January 14, 2019 at 5:03 pm

"size discrimination"…HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

28. Chastin Siegel on January 14, 2019 at 5:05 pm

I refuse to buy clothes "on trend" these cropped tops and shorts with less material than my undies aren’t cute to me…. don’t give me less material and have the audacity to charge the same price as a full shirt!!!! I’m too old to be flashing my belly around and modesty is clearly not trending can’t wait for self respect to come back in style

29. 하니 on January 14, 2019 at 5:07 pm

Why am I even watching this? The most recent thing I bought was a top from eBay about 2 years ago and I still manage to look okay-ish, why do people even fall for this crap?

30. Duckminifarm on January 14, 2019 at 5:07 pm

I’m a fashion historian, and I frankly find most modern "fashion" to be absolutely awful (and yes, some styles in the past were pretty awful, too.) Most runway styles are NOT designed to make women look beautiful; only to be so weird that the designer gets attention. Who wants to see a bunch of malnourished, exploited 14-year-olds wearing burlap sacks or some other exaggerated nonsense? Don’t be a sheep. Wear what looks good on YOU, and tell the fashion industry where to go. If more people would do this, more designers would actually start designing clothes that looked good on real humans.

31. Origami and Cats on January 14, 2019 at 5:07 pm

The one talko video with some good information. Maybe instead of the typical tripe you can do a video with information about ethically sourced merchandise.

32. TheRavyShow on January 14, 2019 at 5:07 pm

We are talking about fashion and it crumbles into a fight about obesity and bodies. So petty…we’re all brainwashed into being anxious about our bodies.

33. jacky zhu on January 14, 2019 at 5:08 pm

Why did you show Family Guy, IT IS BAD AND I DON’T LIKE IT!

34. Naomi on January 14, 2019 at 5:09 pm

I still have some clothing from 10 years ago or longer. Mostly because the supposedly cheap clothing isn’t really cheap.

35. Jia Drisdom on January 14, 2019 at 5:11 pm

I never wear cheap clothing. I stopped with the seasons crap. I buy things that are timeless and compliment my shape. I have a bunch of different looks, and I do not care if it is not "in". Bell bottoms unite!

36. Terrell Plateros on January 14, 2019 at 5:12 pm

I LIke It !! Nice channel !!

37. Danielle Lawman on January 14, 2019 at 5:14 pm

How some of these outfits can be classed as ‘fashion’ is beyond me when they’re hideous.

38. Cliodhna O'Dwyer on January 14, 2019 at 5:14 pm

I’m not hating it’s just this new girls voice isn’t as relaxing as the other ones

39. Awoman 17083 on January 14, 2019 at 5:16 pm

that little boy 🙁 🙁 🙁

40. Annemarie Fleming on January 14, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Don’t be fooled by fashion labels by well-known designers. I went into Harrod’s and Harvey Nicholl’s in London, and the elite designers had dresses displayed with buttons missing, badly-stitched seams, and uneven hems. Obviously I didn’t buy! I’ve also seen more affordable items by less prestigious designers that were well-made and proved to be long-lasting and comfortable, as well as looking good. Not every woman wants to look weird, wearing catwalk-style items.

41. jem Last on January 14, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Child labor makes me sad .

42. Jediah Churchill on January 14, 2019 at 5:21 pm

When you just live in your pajamas

43. Caitlan Levesque on January 14, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Child labor needs to stop 🛑! It is illegal and is still happening in places in the world. My teacher showed us news and talked about how kids would be used. They would be used to mine gold and have a 24 hour shift with my drinks. They would also be underground where it was hard to breathe and they would take turns. Child labor isn’t okay and people are so rude. On the news they also said people were paying money to pay for a child, then they would use them for child labor.😓😔😞 I just hate how people use children and that some products are made from children in bad working conditions. The children are payed little money an hour or no money at all. Whether that is the case or not child labor is NEVER OKAY!

44. Hanjung Kim on January 14, 2019 at 5:22 pm

Size discrimination is serious in Asia. I put on size 6-8 in Canada but there is no clothes which fit on me in my country. : (

45. Shichen Wang on January 14, 2019 at 5:23 pm

How are these secrets? I know/notice them all without even paying attention

46. Monica Mason on January 14, 2019 at 5:24 pm

In the 90’s I was a size 6 (8UK)and 100lbs. I’m still 100lbs in 2018, but have sizes 2 through 6 and XS-M in my wardrobe. Nuts.

47. Therapist Gus on January 14, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Want to know the truth behind the fashion industry? Watch this documentary: https://youtu.be/OaGp5_Sfbss

48. Citygirl Lbrand on January 14, 2019 at 5:25 pm

I have bought one new item each year over that last 5 years. This year I bought 3 new pair of underwear. Last year I bought a sundress. The sundress I bought from the girl down the street who just graduated from design school. Best dress I have ever bought.

49. Foon Jie Min on January 14, 2019 at 5:25 pm

This is why I only choose clothes that I truly like and not based on fashion sense:)Classy And timeless is always key to being trendy all the time —according to my mom

50. JennaNart on January 14, 2019 at 5:27 pm

It’s not only (pointy) heels: conventional shoes actually don’t have the natural shape of a foot at all.