Most fashion models get paid a lot of money to strut their stuff on the catwalk, but that’s not what it’s all about. When they are modeling fashion, they are showing off the items of clothes they are wearing. Amistake is known as catwalk oops by the critics. They normally wear fashion designer clothing and they will show off what best suits them.
When you are learning to become a fashion model, you have to start early and create a stunning walk on the catwalk. You cannot just walk like you would if you are casually walking down the street, it has to be professional and it is sometimes not all that easy to learn.
There is not a specific way everyone does the walk as everyone’s bodies are shaped differently, if you do not want a catwalk oops experience here are just a few tips that you could follow to help you perfect your walk:
1. The steps you take should not be any bigger than the length of your foot.
2. Keep your body inline with your back, keep your back straight and keep your body straight, no slouching!
3. Balance out your weight on each foot when you walk, don’t step heavier on one foot than the other, try keeping all your weight on the balls of your feet.
4. Try and keep your toes pointed straight in front of you or have them slightly outward.
5. Pretend there is a line that you have to stay on, walk with one foot directly in front of the other at all times.
6. Try to keep your legs swinging forward with each step and don’t move your hips from side to side too much, just slightly will do.
7. Always keep your knees bent, but not so much that it’s noticeable, just so that you can jump off them for a smoother walk and it will look natural when you glide across the catwalk.
8. Your arms should move the same as your legs do, this will help you to balance and it will also look professional. When your left foot is forward, have your left arm forward, almost mimicking the movement of your leg, and the other way around.
9. Don’t look stiff! This is important, your shoulders should be loose and your arms should flow freely at your sides.
As they say, practice makes perfect, so what do you have to do if you want to perfect your walk on the catwalk? Practice! Find an area that will allow you to take at least six steps freely. Then put down string or draw a straight line with chalk on the floor. Important important important, make sure the line is straight!
If you can, do this in front of a full length mirror so you can watch yourself as you might be able to point out your own mistakes. You can even dress up for the occasion and pretend there are people there watching you.
Or do the walk for your family, and ask them to show you where they think you are going wrong. By following these steps and having self confidence you shouldn’t have a problem with fashion and the catwalk!