DID MY ART GET WORSE? [Rewatching and Redrawing my First Youtube Video]

DID MY ART GET WORSE? [Rewatching and Redrawing my First Youtube Video]

basically forcing myself to face my Dark Past
Download Tropicats for free here: https://pixly.go2cloud.org/SH16u
Thanks to Tropicats for sponsoring this video!

End Music ~ Lighthouse -Ghostn’Ghost https://youtu.be/xVzeZGRZk0s
Become a Member of the Channel! ~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4XIm3ZFhT72WjqhIXMN9w/join
Try Skillshare Here For Free! (it supports the channel too!) ~ https://skl.sh/lavendertowne
Oh! And here’s my store! – https://tinyurl.com/yd7rrx8t
My Comics ∆ https://tapastic.com/haleymewsome
Patreon ∆ https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3884480
Twitch ∆ https://www.twitch.tv/lavendertowne
Facebook ∆ https://www.facebook.com/haleybot
Twitter ∆ https://twitter.com/HaleyMewsome
Tumblr ∆ https://lavendertowne.tumblr.com
Instagram ∆ https://www.instagram.com/lavendertowne

∆The Unfamiliar Shirts are here!∆

1. ꧁Moon Heiwa꧂ on May 18, 2019 at 3:06 am

I think I’m the only one that actually really loves the new one better, is just so CUTE >w<
    Love it !!

2. xe707 on May 18, 2019 at 3:06 am

watching this made me realized that i really have been watching you from the start 😭😭 amazing how much you grown

3. Olivia Mohr on May 18, 2019 at 3:09 am

I liked her old art more

4. Leeveeahh official on May 18, 2019 at 3:12 am

Hello Lavender could you subscribe to my channel please?! I will sub back ..I like your video, lets make a new generation group of youtubers, thank youuu!!!

5. milkii on May 18, 2019 at 3:12 am

I love both pieces but i personally prefer the newer one !! I love the way you draw eyes and overall you’ve improved lots

6. Teodora Tudor on May 18, 2019 at 3:13 am

so when i turned captions on, the intro was:
    *Hello buddy it’s love in your town*

7. Puerto Rico on May 18, 2019 at 3:13 am

I like both styles the old one in the new one

8. Artsy Chungus on May 18, 2019 at 3:14 am

I have just decided a art style it’s weird because my style used to be really nauseatingly bad anime and now it’s more realistic cartoonish

9. Hetvi Playz on May 18, 2019 at 3:17 am

What do you use make all of you art 🖼 please tell me then I can do fan art 🖼 for you I love your videos

10. Obscure Anime on May 18, 2019 at 3:17 am

Tsundere ! ❤

11. Night Rose on May 18, 2019 at 3:19 am

Is it weird I like ur old art style more?

12. Rainbow Sama on May 18, 2019 at 3:20 am

What art app do you use??
    I’ve always wondered this because I need a better app than what I use right now.
    Have a nice day! <333

13. Starii_Playz :3 on May 18, 2019 at 3:21 am

Hey Lavendertowne! I wish I could be like you…..

14. Ariana Nunag on May 18, 2019 at 3:22 am

She looks straight up Melanie Martinez

15. LavenderTowne on May 18, 2019 at 3:22 am

HI GUYS, I’ve been thinking a lot about how we as artists improve, change, and adapt our art and so I got inspired to do this!

Huge thanks to Tropicats for supporting my channel!! It’s a really cute game. Download Tropicats for free here: https://pixly.go2cloud.org/SH16u

16. Hopeless Peaches on May 18, 2019 at 3:22 am

OMG!! You use Procreate! Nice! I am so bad at co-ordination so buttons on like Clip Studio really throw me off (and Procreate is a lot cheaper). I do EVERYTHING on Procreate lol. I did a video redrawing my old art from a year prior and OMG it is so mind-boggling to see difference o3o! Your transition is so wild though, as even though your style got "simpler" (at least to look at), it has a lot more depth and detail x3

17. TheOneAndOnly . bob on May 18, 2019 at 3:24 am

I’m sorry Lavender! I prefer your older one… ;-;

18. Alex Dayz on May 18, 2019 at 3:27 am

Just me or is her voice a bit off to her reaction? (Her lips don’t exactly match up to the words, which are a big faster)

19. The Animaniac on May 18, 2019 at 3:33 am

OMG THATS FRIKIN *KRITA* U USED TO USE KRITA I FRICKING USE KRITA OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

20. GlassyClassy on May 18, 2019 at 3:33 am

adventure time arms lol

21. Renanimate on May 18, 2019 at 3:34 am

I think there’s definitely improvements but it’s hard to compare because the styles are completely different- I think your newer art definitely has confidence and expression and I adore the weird eye shit you do, but it has also sacrificed some feeling of anatomy and weight for a looser more stylized angle. It works better in some drawings than others, I think in this one people want a feeling of weight and anatomy to flow better into the angle and line of a knife prop. I don’t know that the stylized anatomy is necessarily Bad, it just works some places and feels odd other places!

22. Incredible World on May 18, 2019 at 3:35 am

Wonderful video! Persevere with producing high-quality content and you’ll increase fast! Subscribe to our channel then we’ll subscribe to your channel!

23. Hello Dear Elise on May 18, 2019 at 3:35 am

It did not get worst. You just find an interesting artwork that you are more comfortable with. And pardon me but the amount of details in your drawings, the designs and the outlinings are rather meticulously done and very fetching !

24. LoveLeigh Games on May 18, 2019 at 3:37 am

What software did you use for the redraw

25. 「 berry boba 」 on May 18, 2019 at 3:38 am

JINSXIJNDJI

YOU USE PROCREATE
    FINALLEAH
    SOMETHING I HAVE THAT YOU ALSO HAVE—

26. TayTays Universe on May 18, 2019 at 3:38 am

My art style was inspired by yours so thx

27. Shukutheah on May 18, 2019 at 3:41 am

How did you changed ur art style?
    Is it even possible 😅

28. Levi Han on May 18, 2019 at 3:42 am

I mean, personally I prefer the art style of the primal piece- but that doesn’t mean your art hasn’t improved. It definitely did

29. Mercury on May 18, 2019 at 3:42 am

Ypu drew melanie martinez lol

30. Bananamator on May 18, 2019 at 3:43 am

All I can say is

K-12

31. Incredible World on May 18, 2019 at 3:44 am

Useful video! Keep on producing worthy content and you’ll develop rapidly! Subscribe to our channel and then we will subscribe to you!

32. JOK3RS GHOST on May 18, 2019 at 3:44 am

LEAVE A LIKE IF YOU WERE HERE WHEN THE MELANIE MARTINEZ VIDEO I WAS

33. CarGlo Hbk on May 18, 2019 at 3:46 am

Your current style is 🔥👌 Its very distinctive n stand-outish… which is what we(artists)allll strive for lol keep it up n keep the evolution going/thriving!

34. Bananamator on May 18, 2019 at 3:47 am

What brush did you use for the inking in the new piece?

35. Azul Vadalá on May 18, 2019 at 3:47 am

Wow, can´t believe I´ve been subscribed to you for like almost 3 years. It´s been a wonderful art journey, can wait to see you grow even more!

36. Shadow Playz on May 18, 2019 at 3:47 am

It took me so long to find my style so I watched you tube and I found my style 🙂

37. charthegreat21 on May 18, 2019 at 3:48 am

Your art is definitely unique, and immensely adorable lol

38. The Creepy Artist. on May 18, 2019 at 3:50 am

I’m not good at drawing, like, at all. But uh- I just thinking you should not do the random noodle arm when your legs are spot on. It’s like the person has no bone/weight in the arms, but they do in the thigh/calf areas-

39. Samantha Arroyo on May 18, 2019 at 3:50 am

omg wow that video was the reason i subscribed to you and i just completely forgot that was even you 😭

40. Minty Genius on May 18, 2019 at 3:50 am

Your art has improved in my opinion!! Your colours shading and line art is very improved

41. Skyler Keck on May 18, 2019 at 3:52 am

Your hair looks so bright in this video!!! It’s noice

42. Chuiga on May 18, 2019 at 3:54 am

I don’t understand why people are so toxic at times. Art isn’t always necessary about one to one anatomy. Art is usually about artist, his/her feelings, what makes it fun and what the artist enjoys. I agree, that you can give criticism, but I think it’s a bit rude if artist didn’t ask for it (in this case, we can see title as question or as a question to herself). In this case it’s okay to give feedback, but I’ve seen this mentality quite long, and I think it’s silly that people sometimes are like "I don’t like your style, change it".. there is pleanty of other people to follow and so to match your taste. As for a job, yes, she entertains people, but really, if some people demand to change eye style or so, is it really the artist you like as a whole or are these people just entitled like with other medias, where they demand writers to write the whole season or make a movie character to look different? Like really, if artist asks for advice and wants to develope her style, please give some feedback, but otherwise, I don’t think it’s other peoples place to try changing the artist and her style just because you "like more semi realistic style, but this artist don’t do it" it’s not about your tastes, you know.

43. Night Rosey on May 18, 2019 at 3:56 am

Not gonna lie, but I really think your art is getting a little bit…. Lazy.
    First, I noticed your old art style did have more detailed and defined shading in comparison to your new style, especially on the arms, legs and skirt, while your new style doesn’t really have that spunk. Arguably, that could be a sylistic choice but it’s still something I notice and something I really wish you did with your drawings more often, because it made your drawings look more 3D and added some dimension to it.
    Second of all, I don’t really see you trying out more dynamic poses, or even extreme perspective, which is something i’d also wish to see out of you. Learning how all of that works can be helpful in making your comics more exciting and interesting to read.
    Third is kinda nitpicky, but i’ve watched one of your recent streams and you draw really slowly lol. Perhaps you can try to practice making fast 5 minute doodles every now and then to boost your drawing speed?

44. KawaiiKittyGaming on May 18, 2019 at 3:59 am

I feel you have gotten better!

45. AlliWorks on May 18, 2019 at 4:00 am

8:10 and 5:42 monomi is here lol (for 5 42, just look at the bottom left of the screen, youll ee her XD )

46. MILEYWHATSGOOD ? on May 18, 2019 at 4:01 am

This has happened to me before I used to draw pretty good until after a while my art started to get bad I couldn’t even draw a head

47. Kayleigh on May 18, 2019 at 4:01 am

well I feel somewhat click baited by the title, its misleading to have in all capitals "DID MY ART GET WORSE?" because it suggests that you’ll talk about your art style having errors etc – but you don’t…

and I do have a criticism, hopefully a helpful one, but your arms compared to your legs are very off. Its weird to see the legs of the character drawn anatomically correct and then have the arms look like free hanging noodles that were cooked too long. Perhaps picking whether to have looser anatomy in the legs or more strict anatomy in the arms would help make it a lot more cohesive.

48. A blondasouras on May 18, 2019 at 4:01 am

This video helped me soooo much back when it was released🌈🌈

49. Tayná Marini Fontanela on May 18, 2019 at 4:02 am

I don’t see how zooming in would make a drawing video less enjoyable

50. Danni Chan on May 18, 2019 at 4:05 am