Everything You Need To Know About Fashion Week Q&A | Aimee Song

Everything You Need To Know About Fashion Week Q&A | Aimee Song

Hi Guys! This marks the start of my 13th NYFW (crazy right?!). For my first Vlog of the week I wanted to answer some of your most coveted questions about everything fashion week. I cover everything from how to get invited to what shows to go to and more. Tune in and let me know what you think!

I just put up a blog post that’s a throwback to all of the lessons I’ve learned during NYFW throughout the years. Check it out here! http://www.songofstyle.com/2017/09/nyfw-throw-back.html

Blog: http://songofstyle.com
Instagram: http://instagram.com/songofstyle
Twitter: http://twitter.com/aimeesong
Snapchat: http://snapchat.com/add/songofstyle

What I wore:

Tibi Jacket (on sale 40% off): http://bit.ly/2xcaNQK
Michelle Mason Black Cami http://bit.ly/2wJ1ncd (similar here by CAMI NYC) http://bit.ly/2xc8A7X
Frame Denim Skirt http://bit.ly/2xcDf4S (similar and more affordable here by Levis) http://bit.ly/2xchSRd
Dior Boots (similar by Mango here http://bit.ly/2wKhIha)

What I mentioned:

MSGM Blazer http://bit.ly/2xd2R1J
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck http://bit.ly/2xdxMLe

1. Diana Kukanova on January 2, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Absolutely loved the video! So real and genuine. YouTube really helps to get to know a person in much deeper level than IG. Just from watching this video you are one of my favorite bloggers now. Not just for your style but most importantly for who you are as a person ❤️

2. Ashley AfiaYaoGod'sChild Butler on January 2, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Thats bad. A person shouldn’t be that mean, for that’s not what Jesus would do. You know where you been, but you don’t know where you are going…. They get that saying from Lindsay Lohan on Mean girls, but I love Lindsay Lohan on mean girls because she has a genuine heart like you and she also learned from her mistakes to always take other feelings into consideration.

3. Ladda on January 2, 2019 at 12:49 pm

Please help! This is not spam. Follow the link to read how you can help https://www.gofundme.com/canceroperationasylum

4. VINTAGE LOVESLAVE on January 2, 2019 at 12:50 pm

I am a interior designer in Detroit Michigan looking for internships in New York. I will be there this winter 2018 for fashion week. If there is any way I can get in contact with you I would love to hear your perspective. deannawalkerinteriordesigner@gmail.com

5. Shannon Mae Swartz on January 2, 2019 at 12:53 pm

I love you, because even with all your influence and success, you aren’t a snobby bitch. You are down to earth, and seem to treat every single person the same. That is what sets you apart!

6. Li Ricepaper on January 2, 2019 at 12:53 pm

those girls wont survive the good always wins haha!

7. Yuni Kim on January 2, 2019 at 12:53 pm

you are an amazing girl!!

8. Ashley AfiaYaoGod'sChild Butler on January 2, 2019 at 1:00 pm

I wish to go to Paris so bad one day and even New York

9. ELSA SC on January 2, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Love this video✨ thank you for answering these interesting questions.
    To your „you can‘t sit with us“-experience: in my opinion this kind of behaviour is so so unnecessary and mean and like you said you can just say hi and that‘s it you don‘t need to pretend to like a special person but at the same time you shouldn‘t be unpolite either.
    Better: YOU CAN SIT WITH US🙌🏼💕

10. alejandra guerra on January 2, 2019 at 1:00 pm

You are so nice!! i admire you!! So are so unique!

11. akadimas on January 2, 2019 at 1:02 pm

Aimee you are such a motivation for me, you encourage me to jump into fashion industry, i’m going to do my first fashion internship in Paris, i will look at your videos and get advices to get the best experiences there and build connection

12. Elliana Maria Vincent on January 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm

I have been a fan of you since you first started blogging and in a way (this may sound weird because I’m totally a random stranger) but I’m really proud of you because I have been following your journey as a fashion blogger since day one! Your videos and blogs really give me hope that I can make it into the fashion industry someday​ & I take tips religiously (no joke I sit with a notebook & pen & take notes hahahah)

13. Ashley AfiaYaoGod'sChild Butler on January 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm

I sent you an Email to be your intern. Please read it. Love to be your intern

14. Tolua Samifua on January 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm

You’re so awesome, Aimee! I just wrote about that damn hashtag #youcantsitwithus and how hurtful it is. Love your vlogs, am definitely inspired!

15. Danitza on January 2, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Such wonderful info! I’ll be in Paris during fashion week and would be delighted to attend a show but need a connection first lol. In all seriousness though, I love your message of staying true to yourself, which by the way is so much more than just a “great personality”…you’re beautiful inside and out and your authenticity shines through in all of your videos. I’m a new subscriber and already a huge fan of your work. ✨💗✨

16. Quince Chen on January 2, 2019 at 1:05 pm

Are you still doing anything architecture/ID related? (Im studying ID, so super curious) thanks

17. akualikewater on January 2, 2019 at 1:07 pm

This video was very helpful! Im going to try to go to nyfw next season!

18. Ashley AfiaYaoGod'sChild Butler on January 2, 2019 at 1:07 pm

You are blessed to be able to visit both

19. Fabienne Lindenbergh on January 2, 2019 at 1:10 pm

Hi Aimee! Your videos are so helpfull, interesting and inspiring to see! Keep up the good work! I was curious about your relation with the streetstyle photographers. How does this specific industry work and do you build a relationship with them? When I was in Paris during fashionweek, I was so amazed by all those photographers trying to capture the best outfits of fashion bloggers and editors. Would love to hear more about it, have fun in Paris!

20. Melissa Flores on January 2, 2019 at 1:12 pm

I admire you, Aimee. You’re one of, if not, the MOST authentic, honest, humble, & kind fashion blogger/vlogger. I don’t even know you personally, but through your vlogs I feel like I do. Thank you for answering questions also that other fashion vloggers/bloggers would never tell either. Like they’re so secretive about it. But you’re not. You’re such an honest and kind person, Aimee. Thank you for everything you have done for us <3 much much love.

21. MARIONESS on January 2, 2019 at 1:13 pm

I never get tired of watching this video. Wishing to go one day to NYFW.❤❤❤

22. Natznerdz on January 2, 2019 at 1:17 pm

i love u

23. Alicia Mackin on January 2, 2019 at 1:17 pm

OMG you have to dish what blogger was it, tell us! Hahaha just kidding. That is crazy a caricature from a bad movie.

24. Charles Russo on January 2, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Whose blk boots , wow

25. Camila Marocchi on January 2, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Hi Aimee! From Argentina (south america, sorry for my broken english ) I follow you religiously. You are the #1! Since you began with Vlogs I forgot other bloggers, they are like empty for me know. You are so interesting, funny, and natural. Love the way you laugh buy mostly your personality. Obviously your outfits are very inspiring. Stay the same and dont forget this YT community haha. If ever comming to Argentina, I look foward to meet you and tour beautiful team. Cami

26. Jamie Meersman on January 2, 2019 at 1:24 pm

I pray every single guy/girl see this. it never ends!!! The comparison and the bullying never ends so stop giving a f***!

27. B Pinckney on January 2, 2019 at 1:26 pm

Thank you Aimee for being so real. You are so real. I’m the person who is in their mid 50’s that has always always always loved beautiful clothes and people. Unfortunately I wasn’t blessed to have the right sense of direction. Hearing your words has really inspired me to never give up my dream of attending a show one day no matter the age and that I don’t have to be invited. Thank you for spending your valuable time to share with us. Take Care. -Bizzii B.

28. Ashley AfiaYaoGod'sChild Butler on January 2, 2019 at 1:28 pm

I never been to a fashion show. Wish to go one day

29. Bela Brian on January 2, 2019 at 1:28 pm

Aimee thankyou somuch for always inspiring me 😙😙😙😙

30. Miruna on January 2, 2019 at 1:30 pm

You make me feel so much better about myself and the way you talk about fashion is so inspiring

31. Edwardo Manuel on January 2, 2019 at 1:31 pm

That comment you made was beautiful and real "you can’t sit with us"and being bullied in high school. You have an awesome some spirit and seem like a very genuine person that’s why when you say things about trends and styles and selling products I write them down and take your novice for it it dosnt come from the fashion entitlement it comes from your heart.

32. Dmitri Ruwan on January 2, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Babe, I love you. I watch your videos back to back because you are such a creative spirit. From your day job to the blogging and vlogging and styling, its truly an example of how you can make a living out of your passion. You are such a gem and I want you to know that you inspire me and countless others constantly!<3

33. Ruxandra Chis on January 2, 2019 at 1:31 pm

I don’t think you are short, 5 feet 6 inch is not short, I am 5 feet 3 inch and even though this is the thing that makes me feel bad about myself, in a way I try not giving a f*** like you just said, and to think positive that even if I am short this will not stay between me and my dreams

34. Kshaniqa on January 2, 2019 at 1:32 pm

A really good video ! Yes it is very important to focus on the inner deeper world, to be happy ,, rest is just everybody’s perspective about it ! 😄

35. Bloggers Boyfriend on January 2, 2019 at 1:33 pm

awww the "you can always sit with us" part is really nice!

36. FelicciaMonino1818 on January 2, 2019 at 1:33 pm

I will be like #Don’tWantToSitWithYouEither b**** lol! People are mesirable and their rude actions usually are nothing but the reflection of their own insecurities! I want to attend a fashion show sooo bad

37. izabelaoliviablog on January 2, 2019 at 1:33 pm

The person you are really shined in this video. You’re so genuine and humble Aimee, and your words breed inspiration!

38. Charles Russo on January 2, 2019 at 1:34 pm

Ur sexy too

39. emjeyone on January 2, 2019 at 1:35 pm

#youcantsitwithus is LAME, it shows the true colors of low quality people, so u Aimee are clearly above them, whoever they were.

40. Shar J on January 2, 2019 at 1:36 pm

Argh I wish you showed the picture of the mean girls so we won’t watch them anymore, but you are obviously more mature than that. People like the mean girls are so irritating. Glad there are people like you.

41. Ashley AfiaYaoGod'sChild Butler on January 2, 2019 at 1:36 pm

I really would love to work for u
    Love how you treat your employees
    U treat them more like a partner or a genuine friend

42. Spl4shU on January 2, 2019 at 1:37 pm

*sits down and takes up the remaining 3/4s of the bench* jesus christ that manspread

43. Natalia Marlen on January 2, 2019 at 1:37 pm

Thank you for this video!!

44. claudia gonzalez on January 2, 2019 at 1:37 pm

your are the Best, I love each video. Greetings from Mexico, I love your book.

45. AsianPosh on January 2, 2019 at 1:38 pm

I enjoy watching you. Xo

46. Monique Lynn on January 2, 2019 at 1:38 pm

I was bullied in high school too, it’s sad some people still act that way as adults, especially in a professional setting. Love your videos; currently binge watching.

47. Style Gonzalez on January 2, 2019 at 1:39 pm

love your videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. alyssa nicole on January 2, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Aimeeeeeee you aren’t wearing your seatbelt!

49. American kings on January 2, 2019 at 1:40 pm

Eh fashion is dead to me. And the ppl i only care about my health, ppl besides me and the world, and i dress with common sense for footwear i wear combat boots there light, dorable, tough and ready for anything. For pants i wear work pants cuse unlike most ppl "cough, cough, fashion suckers, cought" i pull my wight in life, for a shirt i just wear a normal shirt, and a curved rimd hat to keep tge sun out of my eyes

50. A Daurey on January 2, 2019 at 1:43 pm

Thank you so much for putting so much effort and hardwork on the advice you give us, whether you are talking about how to start into fashion or live with a long distance relationship, you stay real and answer the very things we keep asking ourselves.
    Also your couple is sooo cute. I love you, you are an amazing person.