How to Find Your Fashion Style – Personal Style for Men

How to Find Your Fashion Style – Personal Style for Men

Welcome fellas! Today I wanted to dive into personal style. How to identify it, how to find it, and how to get started if you’re looking to improve your overall style.

My FREE Style Guide – https://bit.ly/2DJvyW2
My 40 Over Fashion Site – http://40overfashion.com/
My Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/40overfashion/
Contact – 40overfashion@gmail.com
The video camera I use – http://amzn.to/2HQ66xq
The other camera I use – http://amzn.to/2uiMCiK
The gimbal I use – http://amzn.to/2pzqvjo
The microphone I use – http://amzn.to/2G9lPKJ
The mini tripod I use – http://amzn.to/2GcPrqE

Help support the 40 Over Fashion channel by shopping my Amazon Store! – https://amzn.to/2HDiOSQ

May contain affiliate links/

1. Mister Hand on October 28, 2019 at 6:02 pm

I stepped out of my comfort zone…switched to boxers after 40 years of butthuggers. They dug up my crack.

2. Robert Wong on October 28, 2019 at 6:03 pm

hi John…your all videos inspires me….

3. Soul Child on October 28, 2019 at 6:04 pm

I appreciate your work. Iโ€™m 5โ€™9 170lbs 40yo Asian shaved head, I find it challenging to find my fashion style. Iโ€™m learning so much from your channel and gentswithin (Khoi). More power to you!

4. This message was posted on October 28, 2019 at 6:05 pm

Please dont use the word Holy with a curse word.

5. Bill Nanovu on October 28, 2019 at 6:06 pm

This is the best Mens styling channel I have come across…Keep it up!

6. TheFranticgamer on October 28, 2019 at 6:10 pm

Really enjoyed the video.

7. Jonathan Vaudreuil on October 28, 2019 at 6:11 pm

Love this video! I’ve bought clearance / outlet / fast fashion items to experiment with new looks too, it’s a great strategy. Definitely smarter than the times I’ve dropped serious $$ only to realize I don’t like the look.

8. Cuthbert W Chance on October 28, 2019 at 6:11 pm

I like video john great work, Cuthbert Chance from Brooklyn NYC

9. Pete Davis on October 28, 2019 at 6:11 pm

The most successful outfit I wore in the last 12 months was Father Christmas at the our village childrenโ€™s party! Just saying! Best wishes.

10. Muhammad Sheraz on October 28, 2019 at 6:13 pm

I love to watch your videos and always learn and get ideas about dressing. Love and respect from Pakistan. ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท

11. Art Florez on October 28, 2019 at 6:13 pm

This may sound odd, but I base a lot of my personal style on my shoes. I have a huge and rather varied shoe wardrobe. I wear suits to work Mon – Thu, so I usually base my shoes on my suit, but with casual wear I decide what I want to wear by choosing my shoes first, then chose the rest of my outfit off of that. It is amazing how much you can change the tone of your look by changing your shoes. I always lay out my suit, tie and belt, the night before, and the other day I wore a light tan suit to work, and was planning on wearing cream colored suede oxfords, when I got dressed in the morning, I forgot and put on tan monk double monks straps, and quickly remembered the other shoes so I changed into them, it was amazing the difference just the shoes made to the overall look.

12. J K on October 28, 2019 at 6:14 pm

Enjoyed your comment…if you’re wearing the same style shoe for the last 15 years. I don’t think this type of guy would be watching this video. Enjoyed your video, as slways.

13. Basit Khan on October 28, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Just want to say thank you ๐Ÿ™

14. MrFersitos on October 28, 2019 at 6:15 pm

Excelent, as always! Thank you so much!

15. Tommie Jackson on October 28, 2019 at 6:17 pm

I spent 20 yrs in military garb and now that Iโ€™m free to wear what I want is great . Thanks for the reply and stay true to what your doing

16. Suhail on October 28, 2019 at 6:17 pm

Absolutely fantastic

17. sameysane on October 28, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Congratulations for the 100k …Keep grinding and keep styling…I really appreciate the quality of your content.

18. ABMO Rose on October 28, 2019 at 6:20 pm

A very inspiring video content, hey i thk you could transform any regular Joe into looking like a Million Bucks earner with a snap!
    Congrats on 100k subs man

19. Ed F on October 28, 2019 at 6:21 pm

Excellent job in reaching 100,000 subscribers. Great content! Great presentation style! Keep up the good work John.

20. Craig on October 28, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Iโ€™m turning 60 but Iโ€™m super fit and not even that grey. That said love the advice and your style, be your age but be dignified and your guide is great.

21. Gary Abrahams on October 28, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Congrats on the 100K subscribers John. Your channel deserves it

22. Van Lankford on October 28, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Great video. I like the Google idea! Thanks

23. john t on October 28, 2019 at 6:23 pm

Very interesting video

24. Abid khatri on October 28, 2019 at 6:24 pm

๐Ÿ‘

25. Kevin Miller on October 28, 2019 at 6:25 pm

Your sense of style is much appreciated, but also your willingness to endorse affordable retailers. I regret they’e vanishing fast. I will not order something online, that I haven’t touched and tried on.

26. havedrill1 on October 28, 2019 at 6:27 pm

I may have missed the video, but have you ever did one on short men and clothes? Most of my clothes were made for taller men, the inseam are for taller people and never fits or looks right on me. Any advice? Such as Companies that make shorter peopleโ€™s clothes?

27. M A on October 28, 2019 at 6:30 pm

I donโ€™t think the issue is the type of garment as it is the ability to put colors together. I donโ€™t care about the style of clothing, it wonโ€™t look good unless you know how to put color together.

28. International Harvester on October 28, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Pink Chino, my new Drag Queen name.

29. Al Ponca on October 28, 2019 at 6:35 pm

Love how you encourage people and explain that sometimes it takes a while to wrap our heads around certain things(fashion or life)! Glad you brought up the topic of "fast fashion" stores, they are criticized all the time but the point you made for those who are in the journey of trying new things they are the perfect place to go to. By the way I want to mention one thing, sometimes when we try on things that may be out of our comfort zone we either feel it or not however most of the time what discourage us is the thoughts of "what are they going to think or say". People will always have an opinion but if you are feeling it doesn’t make their opinion right, so keep that in mind. Thanks for making great videos!

30. Jid Ofole on October 28, 2019 at 6:35 pm

If youโ€™ve been rocking the same shit for fifteen years… contine

31. Eye Heart Sushi on October 28, 2019 at 6:36 pm

Great advice. Great video. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

32. Keith Barbaro on October 28, 2019 at 6:38 pm

I like the whites even though they are not "minimalist". Minimalist refers to "Paleo" shoes like Vibram but I get your point.

I am 48, 5’11 weight 180, and wear jeans and a t-shirt with Nike too often. I need an upgrade.

33. David Coleman on October 28, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Stick with what you know . If not , you will look gay . Lol

34. Lorenzo Burton on October 28, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Awesome video.

35. ravjc55 on October 28, 2019 at 6:42 pm

thank you for your suggestions on this. i do find myself in that same quandary, especially being substantially "over 40", i.e. being current while being "age appropriate". this has been very helpful in trying new things. thanks again.

36. T Martin on October 28, 2019 at 6:43 pm

Congratulation on the 100K! awesome job!

37. Rajesh Babu on October 28, 2019 at 6:44 pm

How about a review on Hair style

38. Spare email on October 28, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Stepping outside the style comfort zone is not always a good idea as it can make somebody look stupid, it’s like somebody in Beijing dressing up as an Edwardian English gentleman or a nerd getting tattoos it just doesn’t work.

39. Ray Smith on October 28, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Congratulations on 100K really like your advice I have my own style but I am always willing to look at other suggestions, however since I am 61 I know certain styles will not work as they will not look right, white sneakers for example, I prefer classic shoes and boots, I have a green pair of Converse that I picked up in Santa Monica when we had a vacation and they work. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

40. Kurt Auzinger on October 28, 2019 at 6:51 pm

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

41. Isidro MacKazmeyer on October 28, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Question about comfy pants, please:
    When it comes to casual pants and casual shirts, I just purged everything that doesn’t STRETCH (I have reasons).
    – Slim-fit shirts with 2-3% spandex (aka lycra or elastane) work great for my not-quite hot-tub-ready UPPER body. For SUMMER, I think Kenneth Cole has a lot of minimal, modern shirts that fit the bill.
    – Slim fit jeans with 2% spandex work great for my not-quite hot-tub-ready LOWER body. Levis has them.
    BUT … what about lightweight summer chinos that stretch? Samuel Windsor? Bonobos?

Thanks.

42. John Kinsfather on October 28, 2019 at 6:55 pm

I havenโ€™t had a chance to watch it as yet but like the premise already.๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Ž

43. Idris Fashan on October 28, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Your videos are killing! As a dapper casual badass, you get my vote. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿง”๐Ÿพ Congrats on 100K!!!

44. jcholland on October 28, 2019 at 6:55 pm

this is a subjective point of you.

45. Tom Berryhill on October 28, 2019 at 6:56 pm

State of the union?

46. Cfo DC on October 28, 2019 at 6:56 pm

I feeling you on all your suggestions except the pink pants. Pink shirts. I’m getting.

47. Kenneth Titley on October 28, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Your delivery is smooth…..you are a connector….congratulations..keep it up and don’t stop…blessed day to you

48. LevPH on October 28, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Hi there,on the other side of the ocean.(sort of)I just discovered a great Chanel!Looking for it a long time.You are a very pleasurable person giving meaningful information. Thanks and all the best from the Netherlands. ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡บ

49. Mark Hoffman on October 28, 2019 at 6:58 pm

I’ve been always a man with my own style. Your channel had me clean out my closet and make some changes. I’m casual person. I’m a demon and boot guy. I bought two pairs of chinos and suede shoes. I like the look. I’m going for the white minimal sneakers. Thanks

50. Joel Shalom on October 28, 2019 at 6:58 pm

Great to hear ur subscription volume. Way to go… Keep posting. Peace out!!!