The Summer of Sh!& Continues in Style!!!

The Summer of Sh!& Continues in Style!!!

I am still alive, still taking oxygen, still day dreaming of timber framing and still waiting to walk again on both feet. Tonight we were starting a Japanese ink line for laying out the rest of our timbers and just like everything else this summer it did not go as planned. Stay tuned to see what tool broke and a little bit of a Tradesman crybaby testimonial. Hope you folks enjoy it and let me know what you think of the editing on this one as I am trying out a new editing software.

Find TradesmanChannel Shirts Here:

Here is a link to a GoFundMe started by my BIL after my accident, please do not go without to help myself and my family:

Here is a link to the channel Patreon Page, something I said I would never do:

1. Jeremy Murfitt on June 7, 2019 at 6:55 am

Trust me (I am sure hundreds of others have said the same) that you leg will improve incrementally as soon as you are weight bearing. I broke my leg just over 5 months ago and was weight bearing 6 weeks after surgery. I am now at a stage where I can go on longer bike rides (50 miles +) and run for about 30 minutes. The first few weeks after cast removing were a but frustrating in getting the ankle to work again properly and I do still get some swelling. My consultant told me to keep as active as possible which I have done.

2. Gez501 on June 7, 2019 at 6:56 am

You keep whining – you’re entitled to. You are our favourite. You’re looking better Jim, which is a good thing. Those mozzie bites must do you good. When you feel GOOD – slowly does it. Rest as often as you can without getting wound up. When its a pain in the butt – STOP.
    Take care Jim.

"Missing notifications by "bell" even when set up."

Select any old Tradesman video showing in the HISTORY pictures MENU.
    Click on SITE name text ABOVE the row of pictures. Scan through until you find one with NO red line below the picture.
    That means you haven’t viewed that one. A RED LINE means you’ve viewed it sometime.
    CHECK THE DATE.
    A recent date and NO RED LINE means its the latest one and that you haven’t seen it.
    Click picture without RED LINE and you’ll get the latest one. (Check the DATE).
    Clicking the "bell" on subscribing to any sites doesn’t mean they will always inform you of the latest video uploaded.
    Its not just Jim’s site. Its happening everywhere – and randomly.

Sometimes just clicking "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" doesn’t cause the numbers to alter either.
    Hope this helps someone.

3. Douglas Mungham on June 7, 2019 at 6:56 am

Arrr Jim lad, if something is going to go wrong it sure as hell will. Take deep breaths in through the nose and out of the mouth and relaxe, it will all be OK

4. MandJ c on June 7, 2019 at 6:58 am

Keep the faith Jim,

5. MukyMik on June 7, 2019 at 6:58 am

Good to see you, it doesn’t matter about the number of videos you put out, as long as one pops up every now and again to prove you is alive. You can have a good ‘ol moan ‘cos it does help, but as for sympathy no it is a word between shit and syphilis they tell me, keep improving you is doing well.

6. BeaverRick on June 7, 2019 at 6:58 am

Its ok buddy, trust me we all feel that way some days.

7. George Jirout on June 7, 2019 at 6:58 am

You have the floor! I Totally get It!!! It WILL get better 🙂 Hi back at ya! Ada boy Wyatt 😉

8. Alex Wilson on June 7, 2019 at 6:59 am

Like the new opening Jim

9. Killinger on June 7, 2019 at 6:59 am

Keep your head up!!!

10. David Chadwick on June 7, 2019 at 6:59 am

I know just how you feel but trust me knocks in life are for a reason , I know I’ve said it before but it’s all there to make you stronger some how ,I have a hard time to get my head round all the knock backs but one you’ll sit back and realise Oh! That’s why . Sorry you’ve been not well,I was going to message you tomorrow to see if you were ok was getting worried. God bless my friend you’ll get there and love to Mary and the kids take care ❤️

11. Johnny Rogerson on June 7, 2019 at 7:01 am

Life is a bitch Jim, but know what Jim, kick that bitch in the butt and things will get better, I promise you.
    Take care and look after yourself.
    Kind regards from Scotland

12. yankeecaptain 66 on June 7, 2019 at 7:01 am

Just hearing you say HI is good enough for me. Remember the good LORD took 6 full days to make the heavens and earth. life happens one step at a time even for GOD. take cair Yankee

13. Rwecks on June 7, 2019 at 7:01 am

Jim,jim (insert head shake)shame on you braking the blade. What did it every do to you. You will heel,(heal).Boy having trouble getting my words right, yea it’s frustrating but give it time,Before you know it you’ll be climbing the walls, (them words) I mean climbing the timber frame.enjoyed the video go out and stand in the sunshine you’ll feel better.

14. cheap homesteading on June 7, 2019 at 7:03 am

Its great to see you up and around even if it doesn’t go as planned.

15. maurice eley on June 7, 2019 at 7:03 am

Hya ive joined your club ie cant do any thing after setting myself on fire do to an Angle grinder setting my boiler suite on fire . Face mended after 2 weeks but left arm pit skin not repairing very fast so like you i,ll just have to wait it out and keep looking at what i need to get on with ..

16. Lee C on June 7, 2019 at 7:03 am

Can’t wait to see more on this project. Nice to see you at it.

17. Dan Ryan on June 7, 2019 at 7:03 am

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t stop laughing…"The Summer of $hit"…I feel for you and I know you are frustrated, but I laughed until I cried…Hang in there bud.

18. Lynn Shirley on June 7, 2019 at 7:06 am

Keep pushing only way to get through. you will get stronger every day. stronger than before . look forward to more.

19. T wagner on June 7, 2019 at 7:07 am

By oxygen I assume you don’t mean the bottled kind. Keep it up man. It is better than being in the hospital. People in my church pray for you.

20. gizmo atplay on June 7, 2019 at 7:07 am

MAKE LEMONADE OUT OF LEMONS GOOD TIME TO GIVE BAND SAW A ONCE OVER ,AN THATS LIFE.I KNO THIS MAKE IT NO EASIER SORRY ,IM GLAD UR UP MOVING AROUND AN BUILDING UR STREINGTH STAY POSITIVE U GOT A LOT GOING FOR YA GREAT FAMILY NICE FRIENDS AN LAND TO ENJOY IT ALL ON GOD HAS HIS WAYS OF TELLING US TO SLOW OUR ROLL AT TIMES

21. Tynyyn on June 7, 2019 at 7:09 am

Hey, Jim. Just wanted to tell you that the opening credits and closing credits were a great addition. Don’t get too depressed because everything goes tits up. Sometimes God allows things like that to happen in order to season your soul. Plus, whatever you are experiencing, somebody might get inspiration on how you deal with it. Stay strong with your will power and soul and you’ll do alright. Instead of trying to continue to build something, why not take your drone and do some exterior shots of your barn? We’d love to see how it has progressed and take an up close look at your handiwork. Cheers, Terry.

22. Nic Murray on June 7, 2019 at 7:11 am

Great to see you up and nearly at it. It WILL get better. Remember that you’ve had a massive accident.
    That said, take it easy, don’t over donthings and give your leg time to heal. In the grand scheme of things a few weeks here and there don’t matter.
    You will build you barn and we are all going to watch you do it.

23. TheGreasemonkey76 on June 7, 2019 at 7:14 am

Thanks for the update Jim. It’s good to see that I’m not the only one Murphy messes with when trying to do little projects in the shop! Still hate that SOB through.
    Hey bring back the Friday night shop hang out live feed. Quick and easy Plus no editing! (Would live feeds help do anything for the YT ratings? )

24. Golden Farms on June 7, 2019 at 7:14 am

Great to see you up and in the shop. Keep your head up, it’s going to get better everyday! 👍🇺🇸

25. Mark Mortensen on June 7, 2019 at 7:17 am

Still like your videos so don’t swet the small stuff were not going anywhere. Tag he it easy and I hope you get the bearing fixed easily.

26. Lloyd R. on June 7, 2019 at 7:18 am

Chin up mate. Mrs worried you’re losing weight, her remedy for most things is chocolate fudge cake and ice cream and she’s as thin as a rail. We’re still here, we will be when you’re back on two feet. Been re-watching your past videos. Try and be patient, we won’t leave you on one leg.
    Lloyd and Donna, Wales.

27. Troy S on June 7, 2019 at 7:18 am

Hay bleep bleep bleep,yea i think im going to try to get my welding certification this disibility check sucks big donky! Yea my son doing great.House, new Truck.Its only where he works they weld ac units but dont have ac where he works!! heard 3 people have gone to hospital it was so fn hot in their a few weeks back.He’s on my fb page if ya wana hit him up.Take care see ya on the next one.

28. Bear River Mama on June 7, 2019 at 7:20 am

Sorry you are having such crummy luck as of late! This too shall pass! When you are in the thick of it it can be rough for sure. There is no score card for mishaps. What you are going through just looks different than the next guy and it’s no less or more just different. I had a winter just like your summer a while back. For example, in one day …. my daughter was deathly ill (not exaggerating, we honestly thought we were watching her die) my dryer broke, my dog got diarrhea on my bed (no dryer…..) my cat was at the vet because he just had surgery, we got 15 inches of snow dumped on us, my snowblower broke, my brothers truck broke down and we had to run a rescue mission because it was -30 below outside. My truck wouldn’t start. And my furnace quit working. No joke that was all in 1 day! When it rains it pours! Here’s hoping your luck takes a 180* soon! Sending you encouragement!!!!

29. Paul Tanner on June 7, 2019 at 7:25 am

Don’t apologize brother great video. It’s good to see you, sorry that you were not feeling well but I hope that it’s passed. Thank y’all for sharing.

30. Red Dickenson on June 7, 2019 at 7:27 am

You’re not whining just having a rant about life in general, l know it’s hackneyed, but try and keep smiing…

31. Adirondack Harold on June 7, 2019 at 7:28 am

Good to see ya little buddy! Shit happens brother. Don’t worry about it. It will definitely get better.👍🍻

32. Cody Columbia on June 7, 2019 at 7:30 am

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’ll always watch and support you regardless if you skip uploads for days or weeks or w.e I’ll be here whenever you do upload and will be glad to see a video, and when you don’t, I’ll understand all the same.

33. Trevor Davis on June 7, 2019 at 7:30 am

I’m not worried about the content right now unlike the 5 people that gave you a thumbs down (inconsiderate a##hats) . Just glad to see you are doing better! Stuff happens especially when tools sit for a while, just like us humans. I’m looking forward to seeing you up and running full steam just like a lot of other people (except aforementioned a## hats), but until then you will still get a thumbs up from me even if it’s just a 30 second "Hi!".

34. Curt White on June 7, 2019 at 7:31 am

Glad you’re still breathing, and I appreciate the effort that went into this, but don’t over do it. More of the misses talking about pet peeves and no ice and such would be just great to bridge the gap.

While I look forward to you getting back to it, I would like to encourage you to take your time.

35. Jeffory Newkirk on June 7, 2019 at 7:32 am

Jim, I know that it is easy for me to sit back in my armchair and make comments, but read on, this is not a criticism, but offered as an observation. First thing, I am glad to see you up and about.
    Not that long ago, I faced my own demon, a nasty little bugger with the short name of stage 4a throat cancer. I weighed 203 going into treatment, and was down to 148 by the time treatment was completed. To say that this was a life changing event does not even come close to describing what I went through on my journey back to a semblance of good health. Long story short, I survived treatment, and am currently 31 months clear of cancer. That’s the end of the easy part of this story. The hard part came when I started trying to get back into the swing of things, only to realize that my work day usually lasted only an hour or two and would leave me frustrated, angry, and not in a very healthy mood. I was also facing an old demon called PTSD that I had held in check for over 30 years, thanks to a very good counselor. My doctors advised me that people who have suffered through PTSD often find themselves back at square one when it came to PTSD after cancer treatment. It can get to be a pretty tangled web. It has taken me nearly a year of slowly returning to my tasks here on the farm. I am starting to fully understand the comment," He bought the farm". Some days I wonder at the wisdom of buying a small farmstead at age 65. Back on track, if there is one. Here I am nearly 3 years after completing treatment. Am I 100% in a word NO. Am I getting there, YES, but it has been a slow process? I have to keep telling myself, nearly every day the following things.

Step one. Take one day at a time.
    Step two. Put one foot in front of the other, and repeat.
    Understand that my body is a bit different from chemo and radiation. No, Jim, I do not glow in the dark. I was downright disapointed when the radiation oncologist dashed my hopes on that one!
    Sorry, my attempts at humor pop up every now and again. I used to drive my doctors nuts. I have seen a few glimpses of your humor, and that is a good thing. Laughter is some of the best medicine that there is.
    I had not intended for this to be so long, but I am tired, it has been a very long day, and once again my day is done and I have not accomplished anywhere near what I think I should have. now it is time to review step one.

36. Charlie Mason on June 7, 2019 at 7:33 am

Why are you so worried about it? Jim your healing faster than the rest of us probably could relax

37. Thomas Russell on June 7, 2019 at 7:33 am

Morning Jim,
    My heart bleeds purple peanut butter for your bandsaw.😢
    Dang Delta bearings.
    Hope all goes well in your next check-up. See you next time.
    (Dang I was hoping to see your rendition of a Japanese ink line)
    Oh, well, maybe you’ll find your hand saw or get the bearing replaced.)

38. TheCanadianBubba on June 7, 2019 at 7:37 am

Keep diggin’ ! Hope some great summer time for you and crew in amongst the healing and working… continued prayers : ]

39. Texoma Tinker on June 7, 2019 at 7:38 am

Hang in there Jim. The value of this time in your life will be more visible in the rear view mirror. Make the most of it!

40. 28cruzin on June 7, 2019 at 7:40 am

Jim, you know the life and lemonade saying. It applys to you too. This is a great oppertunity to show tool maintainance. Start with the band saw. Show how to replace the bad bearing, show how to clean and maintain it. Move on to all your shop tools and even your hand tools. You have a direct way of explaining and instructing that is interesting and entertaining. You make these tool care videos and you will, most likely, gain veiwers but help a lot of less skilled individuals learn and gain some self confidence. That’s a good plan "B" when plan "A" goes to sh%t. Think about it. It’ll get you out in the shop, get your tools up to snuff, increase your stamina, and best of all, keep those video’s comming. Or we may have to get Mary Rose on your case. Just missin’ your videos.

41. James on June 7, 2019 at 7:42 am

Hang in there, once you get through the lows you’ll have a new appreciation for when you’re back to smooth sailing!

42. Jim Reynolds on June 7, 2019 at 7:42 am

good to hear your voice.

43. A jones on June 7, 2019 at 7:44 am

Look on the bright side, if you did this to yourself years ago, it probably would have killed you. And if people keep popping antibiotics like they are today. Those days will return.when antibiotics fail…lol

44. Gerald Kim on June 7, 2019 at 7:45 am

Hang in there buddy, healing takes time….wishing you all th best!

45. recolaq on June 7, 2019 at 7:45 am

Love the the crazy snappy blues lick you got in there. Where did that come from.? It’s an nice intro to disaster. Hope your recover well and getting all the positive juices flowing again. cheers

46. Farm_In_The MiddleOfTheWoods on June 7, 2019 at 7:45 am

Hey, make sure you tell your support (wife, daughter, son) how much you appreciate their help…. it is always nice to hear that you are appreciated!!! Keep swinging and remember… you are lucky to even still be in the game!!! Thanks for sharing!!

47. tubularguynine on June 7, 2019 at 7:47 am

Glad you’re still kickin’, at least with the LEFT foot. Believe it or not, I went to put some air in my tire on Friday the 13th and the bearing in my oilless compressor froze up in about 5 seconds. So I know where you’re coming from! Hang tough and think positive is all you can do. 🎻😋

48. ToolsConsumables on June 7, 2019 at 7:48 am

Dear Jim,
    Nothing seems to be heading the way you intend; it happens to most of us. The good news is we all get to have our day (including yours truly). Still in Brussels for yet another month with my son & then back to old Blighty. Keep plugging away, you’ll get there I am sure given your determination. keep well my old fruit. Kind regards to all.

49. Tim Parr` on June 7, 2019 at 7:50 am

Personally I blame that mouse, the pit of despair strikes again. Give the boy a hand saw and a chisel and have at it

50. Stephen Sparks on June 7, 2019 at 7:53 am

Well you got company now, my son got a Bobcat bucket dropped on his foot and is out of commission. He is going stir crazy already. Oh well, you could be having a drought like we are so count your blessings and keep plugging on.