TOP HANDBAG & FASHION TRENDS OF 2018 | Sophie Shohet

TOP HANDBAG & FASHION TRENDS OF 2018 | Sophie Shohet

TOP BEST 2018 HANDBAG FASHION TRENDS! I’ve picked here some of the key styles I’ve remembered seeing this year, from plastic to satchels and the Dior Saddlebag. This is a whimsical reflection on 2018, where we remember all of the things we’ve seen in our Instagram and YouTube feeds this year!
The trends shown aren’t things I think are unattractive, there are some real gems that 2018 is delivered. Includes the plastic Chanel Classic Flap, Belt Packs, Plastic Boots, Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis, YSL LouLou, Dior Book Tote, Loewe Puzzle bag, Valentino Spike handbag and the Dior Saddlebag.

———// FEATURED ITEMS //——–

MY LIPSTICK (“Just Nothing”)

WHITE SHIRT

#2018FashionTrends #2018HandBagTrends

*********************************************************************

Mail me !

PO Box 107
Virginia Water
Surrey
GU25 9BL
UK

*********************************************************************
// DISCLAIMER

This is not a sponsored video.

Some links to products are affiliate, I try and link to the exact item where possible but if it’s sold out, I will link to the closest similar item. Affiliate links really help me to continue creating YouTube videos. YouTube is expensive to do and affiliate links help me cover off some of the monthly fees associated with creating videos; from licenses to equipment etc. Items marked with an asterisk are NOT affiliate links.

Thank you to my lovely subscribers for watching and for your support, it is valued and appreciated more than you can imagine.

1. anne Elder on June 16, 2019 at 7:08 pm

I just got a louis vuitton Pochette Metis for my Christmas honestly you should go and try one it’s so far practical and looks like a classic. I also have a few lv never fulls which are also good bags. Love your videos 💗💗😍😍

2. Emma Cat on June 16, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Transparent bags are good for concerts (if they are cheap), but transparent shoes are awful!

3. Snoopyandmuff Muffin on June 16, 2019 at 7:11 pm

The pochette Métis , the YSL collège bag and the lock me are all great bags, I have all three and they will be around in years!

4. s000mable on June 16, 2019 at 7:12 pm

Growing up in the 90s plastic see through things were in too
    Jelly shoes and bags!

5. a ł on June 16, 2019 at 7:13 pm

Hi where did you get that choker from? It’s sooo lovely

6. Javi Garcia on June 16, 2019 at 7:14 pm

I love your videos, your opinions always opens my eyes, love your criticism so good.

7. kristiana641 on June 16, 2019 at 7:15 pm

What do you think about Fendi bags ?Whay you don’t have one?

8. silkenrustle on June 16, 2019 at 7:16 pm

The Saddle Bag is one trend I thought would never return, but I have been proven wrong. Maybe next year we will see the return of the low-rise jeans …!

9. Charlenes Williams on June 16, 2019 at 7:17 pm

I absolutely detest those plastic shoes, boots, knee high boots and the barely there sandals. The cuts and rubbing they must generate on feet makes me feel a bit queasy. Also perfect breading ground for Athletes Foot.

10. SoulReaperReisha on June 16, 2019 at 7:17 pm

The plastic trend is just ridiculous. Why would you want everyone to see what’s in your bag?? The dior saddle bag is awful! I also don’t like LV, I get what you mean about it.

11. Christina Paraskevaidou on June 16, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Other trendy bags: Shrimps pearl bag, JW Anderson bags , Cult Gaia bags

12. Shopaholic undisputed heavy weight champion on June 16, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Am I the only one who hates the puzzle bag ?

13. Marta Villanueva on June 16, 2019 at 7:19 pm

LOL, the Guchi you have in your hand makes me think it’s CG of the makeup brand Cover Girl–they don’t do purses. That red color is beautiful.

14. Mer A on June 16, 2019 at 7:19 pm

I suspect that the plastic bags came from a bunch of designers going to / hearing about college students going to music festivals. (In the US at least you’re required to have a see through bag at a lot of concerts). Still incredibly silly at the price point though.

15. fairydust on June 16, 2019 at 7:21 pm

Oooh I just love Loewe, I loved them a couple of years ago while they were still under the radar and absolutely love the puzzle bag, one for the wishlist <3

16. melloe on June 16, 2019 at 7:23 pm

I also hate the brown monogram LV print haha. You’re not alone!

17. Kiki Pooh on June 16, 2019 at 7:25 pm

Thousands of dollars for clear PVC bags with leather lining 🤣 …madness!!

18. Transylvania Girl on June 16, 2019 at 7:26 pm

Very lovely 🌺you are amazingggg

19. Luciana Lombardi on June 16, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Definitely NO to plastic bags in general, even more so from famous designers. Nobody needs to see what you have inside your bag. Like she said, what if you need to carry peculiar things? And those boots, OMG, seriously! I bet it gets so slippery with all the sweat that blisters are inevitable… and the smell? 😑

20. zoe siegelnickel on June 16, 2019 at 7:32 pm

I know your ara is luxury but can you do like best cheap bags or cheaper bags?

21. Michelle Dorsey on June 16, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Amen about LV. I have never understood the appeal. Brown… The logo everywhere… Way too hip hop for me.

22. Alexandra Harrison on June 16, 2019 at 7:34 pm

I like the Saddle Bag because I’m an equestrian and love horses. However I view it as a more fun, whimsical bag to be carried occasionally. If I could only have one bag it would be a Classic Chanel!!😀 Love your videos!💕

23. Junlan Li on June 16, 2019 at 7:39 pm

I don’t like the bendy plastic bags, but urgh I eyed the Aspinal Mini Trunk in transparent perspex with the Lionhead and the gold hardware HARD. If I had the money, I’d go for it, but I really don’t.

24. Navjot Sangha on June 16, 2019 at 7:39 pm

I think the plastic trend should be left behind and never to be talked about again. I also don’t like the belt bag it reminds me of my old physical education teacher, plus the ways to wear them and places you can use them for are severely limited. The Dior bag kind of seems like a over the top for grocery bag,. The puzzle bag seems kind of cute and kind of a one of a kind piece. I don’t think the Dior saddle bag should not have been given out, it’s kind of unfair to those who had to wait for it.

25. Amjad Alshammari on June 16, 2019 at 7:41 pm

I really love the CD tote bag so much

26. bubblesarah on June 16, 2019 at 7:41 pm

The puzzle bag is so ugly in comparison to other things they make

27. Ronx on June 16, 2019 at 7:43 pm

I totally understand you on the LV monogram thing. I’ve disliked it forever, because I’ve seen it so much on fake cheap bags that now it means just that to me, cheap and fake. This year for the first time though I got to like one LV bag in particular, the pochette metis reverse. I guess it was the power of marketing just like you said. I ended up getting my first monogram bag, a CK tote, which I really like and it’s genuine leather, this one: https://www.amazon.com/Calvin-Klein-Womens-Monogram-East/dp/B07G6M78XF

28. Tsetsi on June 16, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I sell transparent mesh bags

29. Laura Esperanza on June 16, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Expensive garbage for scamming smug people

30. DREAMQ100 on June 16, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Eww that plastic boots 👢🤢

31. The Modern Hippie on June 16, 2019 at 7:45 pm

That Dior saddlebag in the Dior print – reminds me if Paris Hilton, Brittany Spears double denim, Vengabus, tacky 2000s – they seem so tacky n impractical always were. It feels super lazy on Dior’s part. Was in there yesterday and it’s literally three bags in there now. Miss Dior, armour and saddlebag, snooooooooze – as Sophie said “ it should have been left in the 2000s”

32. Anna Carlyle on June 16, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Plastic bags & shoes are hideous, I don’t get them!!! I have an original saddle bag designed by John Galliano & I never use it, maybe i should look at selling it

33. DasZuckerhaus on June 16, 2019 at 7:47 pm

I hate the valentino spike bag so much xD i find it looks like a 15 year olds bag ^^
    The LV metis and the other bags of that sort to me look cheap. They somehow lack the elegance of a designer bag and just look too juvenile. I do agree about the longing for a medium chanel I also find my jumbo too big for always though.

34. Zubeda V on June 16, 2019 at 7:48 pm

I’m right there with you! I don’t like the lv canvas print

35. Hala Chergui on June 16, 2019 at 7:50 pm

I had a Dior Saddle bag years ago that I bought second hand soooo cheap since it was dated! When I moved to a bigger city I sold it ahhhh So sad 🙁

36. Hilary's Variety on June 16, 2019 at 7:51 pm

Dior’s Champaign with the saddle bags and big ass cheap looking print tote bags are UGLY. they need to fire their design director or whoever came up with that line. So expensive AND ugly looking.

37. LN20129 on June 16, 2019 at 7:52 pm

A Dior bag made of Toile de jute – well said Sophie! It’s nothing more than toile de jute…

38. Querida on June 16, 2019 at 7:52 pm

Furla at clearance prices is the most I’ve been willing to pay for plastic/jelly as a bag material. I agree on transparent plastic being totally impractical; my Furla is a dark enough colour that it hides whatever shameful items I’ve got inside it. 😛

I also do not understand the appeal of that LV print.

39. Life Fitness on June 16, 2019 at 7:54 pm

i have to say , clear heels are sexy, hell hot and and big turn on for guys…even with your feet sweat inside, many guys would feel crazy to sniff after you take them off…and the insoles full of your feet sweat mixed with that leather insole would make such a scent of AROMA which makes a guy may just go to washroom soon with the heel in his hands and let it go all straight on…

40. Leslie Craven on June 16, 2019 at 7:55 pm

Great information and history I appreciate it

41. Aastha Gurung on June 16, 2019 at 7:55 pm

LV monogram is my favorite print of all time.

42. TZE GOH on June 16, 2019 at 7:55 pm

3000 pounds for a plastic bag ?? Lol

43. The Modern Hippie on June 16, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Tried the YSL College bag yesterday and thought the same. I LOVE a slouch bag and am now obsessed with Lou Lou. It’s like a happy medium between slouch n structured. I def think these YSL Lou Lou’s are gonna be around for a while. They seem iconic… I got gifted the LV Bond street instead with the burgundy leather stripe and the DB canvas. It’s classic and I hate the LV monogram but found this a durable everyday one

44. Gemma Wardle on June 16, 2019 at 7:58 pm

Totally agree with the Saddle bag, its minging and so dated. i know every trend comes back around but this is one that shouldn’t have lol

45. Jamie's Journey on June 16, 2019 at 8:01 pm

I have the LV Pochette Metis in the reverse monogram and love it! I got the reverse monogram just to give a twist to the traditional print…Very pleased with the bag.

46. s000mable on June 16, 2019 at 8:01 pm

Those saddle bags look like water skins they look hideous

47. Nouf L. on June 16, 2019 at 8:02 pm

Im not a fan of ur necklace…

48. TZE GOH on June 16, 2019 at 8:02 pm

3000 pounds for a plastic bag ?? Lol

49. Crystal K on June 16, 2019 at 8:03 pm

I’m in love with the clear fashion and it works well with stuff underneath. But in hot weather it’s really unhealthy, right? And I think tampons in the clear bag is kinda awesome 😎 I think the clear fashion is a response to the school shooting prevention program in schools with the clear backpacks and wow that’s scary

50. Nina Savković on June 16, 2019 at 8:08 pm

well I was thinking that beltbag was meant for travelling, so you can put passport and money… and to avoid stealing.. but ok