Trends Guaranteed To Make You Look Cooler This Summer | fashion trends 2019

Trends Guaranteed To Make You Look Cooler This Summer | fashion trends 2019

Trends Guaranteed To Make You Look Cooler This Summer | fashion trends 2019

While summer generally calls for a more relaxed, laid-back approach to dressing that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your style. So in today’s video I’ve decided to hone in on a few key trends that are guaranteed to up the “cool” factor this summer.

Are there any trends you’re particularly loving at the moment? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below. And if you live in the southern hemisphere (like me) and you’re in the middle of winter then don’t panic – these trends will still be relevant for us when the weather starts to warm up – we just have to wait a few more months sadly.

Thanks for watching.

Blog: http://www.thestyleinsider.co.nz
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheStyleInsider
Instagram: https://instagram.com/thestyleinsider/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lbarlow45/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/thestyleins

1. Pluscelamemechose on December 19, 2019 at 8:30 pm

If you spend time hiking in sporty sandals, your legs are tanned and toned. They look like they belong in them and you move with an animal grace. Hiking requires a multi dimensional use of muscle rather than treadmill running’s straight forward repetition. At 56, my legs look great in any shoe but especially tevas.

2. Katalin Gerstenberger on December 19, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Sporty sandals and those ugly chunky grandpa sneakers are a def. NO for me…😂 Of course, pretty younger girls can get away with a lot!

3. Steve and Shannon Anderson on December 19, 2019 at 8:31 pm

It really is amazing how many ways *seashells* show up in fashion – I even saw them used as a hat band for a cute floppy sunhat today! The idea of wearing them with office wear is wonderful – you can pretend to be on vacation… _and getting paid for it!_ 🙂 — I have found that in *"cracking the code of matching prints"* having a common colour in each piece can make all the difference. I noticed one other person mentioned using a scarf for the extra print, and I totally agree! It’s an easy and minimal risk way to try it out for sure. — I am very much addicted to *cardigans* of all lengths, colours and styles! I like this idea of wearing more fitted/shorter ones buttoned up as shirts – it’s like having two pieces in one! Actually, I was trying one on a couple of weeks ago, not knowing this was the trend, and wondered to myself (as I buttoned it up in this fashion) if I could get away with wearing it as a top… Now I know that I can! 🙂 — _Thank you for sharing all of these trends, Leonie_ – you did a great job spotting and sharing them in a very inspiring and comprehensive way. 🙂 Shannon A.

4. Kay Allen on December 19, 2019 at 8:31 pm

Shell jewelry and that’s about it. Sorry but when it is 100 F and 100% humidity – wearing loose-fitting, light weight, white clothing is the only way to go. If you see someone carrying a sweater (knits) it is because they’re entering an air-conditioned building. Wide-brimmed hats and even umbrellas are more appropriate and can be stylish too.

5. Ivone Arias on December 19, 2019 at 8:32 pm

one thing I hate summer, for me is the most annoying season! iced tea or iced coffee outdoors is Ok! those sandals are ugly!

6. Gloria J. Pinsker on December 19, 2019 at 8:32 pm

I love the longer shorts you’re showing here that have a wider leg. All I can seem to find are those horrible tapered ones which are so ugly and unflattering!

7. Romi Lopez on December 19, 2019 at 8:34 pm

You should wear bangs, it would look lovely.

8. Robyn Wells on December 19, 2019 at 8:38 pm

I’m glad to see longer shorts make a come back as well as fitted cardigans. I’ll be glad to see the cold shoulder style disappear. I’ve never quite understood it covering your arm(s) leaving one or both shoulder bare this seems like an oxymoron???

9. AmazedBy HisLove on December 19, 2019 at 8:38 pm

Can u find other pics other than model sizes and ages. But I luv ur channel but some things I can’t relate to.

10. Vanessa Corish on December 19, 2019 at 8:40 pm

I could not do those different prints. Just a fashion no no. 🤔

11. Lynn D on December 19, 2019 at 8:40 pm

Love your trend videos Leonie 😘😘

12. Carol Belfon on December 19, 2019 at 8:40 pm

13. Nancy Roberts on December 19, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Thanks for the video! I have always owned the sporty sandal for hiking so I have plenty to try with the trend. Also never stopped wearing Bermuda shorts and LOVE shell jewelry. Lots of fun looks for everyone! 😊❤️

14. Shakti Pat on December 19, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Any tips for bathing suits for more mature women. So many lovely bikinis in stores but revealing way too much for my age and figure.

15. Vanida Knutson on December 19, 2019 at 8:43 pm

I’ll passover the trend this summer. I’m trendy but I’m refuse to dress silky. The cold shoulder has been around forever and nothing is more sexy.

16. Claire Kurdelak on December 19, 2019 at 8:45 pm

Good content! I guess the healthy sandals are the sandal version of the sneaker trend!

17. mrpurple11 on December 19, 2019 at 8:47 pm

I think that for the first time in years I’ll go back to use my old shell necklace that I have since I was a child

18. Fiona Frazer on December 19, 2019 at 8:48 pm

OMG – I have these sandals (I call them orthopedic sandals!!) and was worried about looking like a geek wearing them – not any more! Thanks! They are so comfortable for walking around city.

19. Omega Wani on December 19, 2019 at 8:50 pm

Nice one … watching you from Ghana

20. Esmerelda Hakk on December 19, 2019 at 8:51 pm

No on the sandals, especially with socks. That is NOT ‘quite a cool look’. I don’t know who decides these things, but no. And I don’t know where I’ve been, but I haven’t seen a lot of shell jewelry, either. Love dressing up my bermudas, though, and mixing prints.

21. susan johnson on December 19, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Leonie… I think I’ll play with the clashing colors & patterns choosing my spring/summer scarves & brellas… To protect against sun & xtra chilly "a.c." I always leave home w/one or both 💗💚🧡😄

22. themori3 on December 19, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Great tips! I’m gonna bust out my Bermuda shorts and pair them with a linen blazer. 🥰👍

23. Patti R on December 19, 2019 at 8:53 pm

I love the mixed print look when I see it modeled online but in practice it’s a bit tricky to pull off.

24. jacqui heywood on December 19, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Oh dear…so much sandal hate! LOL I am a Kindergarten teacher and we all wear them, as they are comfy and safe to wear at walk. Must say, I don’t wear them anywhere else. I get mine from Sketchers.

25. Rossana P on December 19, 2019 at 8:56 pm

Sporty sandals?????? And with socks? How tacky!! Absolute tasteless!!!

26. Omega Wani on December 19, 2019 at 9:00 pm

am learning from you dear, much love from Ghana

27. Chiye on December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm

Sandals and socks are the german summer culture. 😂

28. Beth Ellingworth on December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm

I also like the shells – are they collected live. This fashion is going to damage the populations of them. So I would rather get a metal casting of shells not make them go extinct.

29. Merry Preble on December 19, 2019 at 9:04 pm

I don’t think that mixing prints/patterns in separate pieces has ever really taken off. Justifiably too.

30. Wendy F on December 19, 2019 at 9:05 pm

I usually don’t pay attention to trends because I only wear what I’m comfortable in. In the past, I was all over cargo military print cropped pants because that’s what was in the stores and I’m more comfortable in cropped pants (not flared) than short shorts. I also love olive green and military print, so I was in style without trying. There have been times when I go ages without buying anything, like when everything is Boho – I tried a white peasant top in the early 2000’s and I knew it wasn’t “me.”
    I’m thankful I grew up when Bermuda shorts were popular – we called them Jams (not sure why), and they had bright floral prints. so I’m glad I held onto my J. Crew shorts from a few years back – I’m self conscious about my legs so I rarely wear shorts that aren’t just cutoff jeans. It’s ironic that I was modest even when I had nothing to hide – now I have the yucky blue veins behind my knees. As far as cardigans, half my closet is cardigans, and I’ve even pared down. Is it me or are things cycling faster? I remember like yesterday ordering a cold shoulder top, then it was suddenly out – now it’s back.

31. Lorena Duarte on December 19, 2019 at 9:07 pm

Those sandals are horrible, period.

32. Rosemary Gill on December 19, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Sorry but not one of those Tips did I like, especially not the shoes!

33. Georgia Uwoms-Colahar on December 19, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Sock and sandals are hedious!!!! Why on earth would a stylist even suggest this🙄

34. saumya Tiwari on December 19, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Very nice #sssfashionandvlog

35. Victoria F. on December 19, 2019 at 9:10 pm

Sporty sandals = ugly sandals! 😝😝

36. Stacey Mcalister on December 19, 2019 at 9:14 pm

I sometimes wonder if designers engage in some sort of game to see how far they can con customers before they get called on it. Like really – Jesus sandals with socks and clashing prints like some extremely unfortunate homeless person who’s raided the charity bin? Are they having a laugh at our expense? Even recall my mum back in the 70s looking at Vogue and saying "I think some of these designers actually hate women and want to make them look ridiculous", she was ahead of her time.

37. Hana Rachel on December 19, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Great styles!!

38. Alina Mocanu on December 19, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Socks and sandals, middle aged german men rock those babies every summer ! 😎

39. Natalya Chernykh on December 19, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Leoni, you are amazing! The videos are phenomenal.

40. Fashion Trends on December 19, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Nice

41. Kimberly Holt on December 19, 2019 at 9:18 pm

I bought some “dad” sandals & love them! They have to be worn with dresses or skirts, though. As a juxtaposition of dressy and casual. They’re fun and SO comfy.

42. My Friendly Corner on December 19, 2019 at 9:18 pm

You always have the best ideas😊💗❤

43. Older Women Rock on December 19, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Thank you , once again so enjoyable . Can’t wear sporty sandals , I’m short and suddenly become all about my feet . They might look ok on tall slim ladies , doesn’t everything 😊 I wear comfy health sandals with pants and they don’t flatter either .

44. Mark Jenkins on December 19, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Love the content– very individual friendly and lots to see!

45. Sonya J on December 19, 2019 at 9:25 pm

Interesting about the sport sandal trend…I have owned, and loved, sport sandals for probably the past 15 years, and they are definitely part of the "outdoor lifestyle uniform" that is ubiquitous where I live in Colorado. I have literally worn Tevas while backpacking in the Grand Canyon. Now, Chacos are my go-to sports sandal. But, I personally think they pull down an otherwise nice look (which was showcased well in the pics shown). I only wear them when I’m traveling and camping and intend to do a lot of walking and hiking in the same day.

But, more power to anyone who wants to wear them with a sequined skirt ;)!

46. Lina Monreale on December 19, 2019 at 9:25 pm

I ❤ the sporty sandals but not with socks 🤑

47. SEHJO KAUR on December 19, 2019 at 9:26 pm

I think that your videos are among a few of them that people watch and really get something out of it and does not see just for the sake of watching something.. You do a really amazing work.. Love you for that 😘❤and good luck for everything else :))

48. Susan Holl on December 19, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Please give us some links for Bermuda shorts. Can’t find good ones that aren’t frumpy chino types.

49. Older Women Rock on December 19, 2019 at 9:26 pm

50. amokarma on December 19, 2019 at 9:27 pm

Thanks for illustrating with photos, it is so much more inspiring 🙂